Saturday, December 29, 2012

Two Layouts + 2 videos

 

Hey everyone,
 
Hope everyone is having a good week so far... I'm doing well nothing special going on in my life at the moment. I did go to Michael's and Hobby Lobby the other day and picked up some few more supplies. I did make a haul video and decided to put it up here for others to view if they like to. I also did a video of my layouts to it my first video of showing and talking about my layouts. So it might not be the best video in the world but there a first for everything right? Well I better go it been a lazy day and haven't taken a shower yet and need to take one. But wanted to posted these pictures of my layout and the 2 videos. Enjoy and let me know how if I could do better in my layouts I enjoy your comments very much! Have a great evening and enjoy the rest of your weekend...

Background black paper Colorbox. Brown paper from Cattered and Worn
paper pack. The green paper matted photos with and jorunaling Basic
Grey Clipping Collections. The Green and Black arrows form Colorbok paper pack.
Top and bottom of layout are Recollection washi tape. The "Our Family" sticker form Recollections.


Close up of the arrows






                                         

Two Washi tape from Recollection
 

Background paper from the Bo Bunny ET Cetera Collection.
Matted the photo and the news clipping with paper from the Cattered
and Worn paper pack collections. The vine/leafs behind them I cut from my
Silhouette Cameo. The leafs in the bottom left corner also cut from the Silhouette
Cameo and ink them with Tim Hotlz's peeled paint distress ink and stamp the birds
also from his visual artstry stamps. The letters spelling, "Lee" are from a earthtone paper.
cut with my Silhouette Cameo and ink around the edges with my black ink pen.



Closer view of the name Lee and the Leafs with the bird stamps.


 
                  
 
 
    

3 comments:

  1. Hi Justie. Fantastic layouts my friend. Gorgeous colours, perfect for a heritage family album. I can offer no advice. Just keep making, and learning. I tell you what helped me, was taking online classes. The best, in my opinion, is Cathy Zielske, whose background is in Graphic Design. I believe she'll be running a class in 2013 over at Big Picture Scrapbooking. Link here: http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/comingsoon.php. She really helped improve my skills. Have a very happy and prosperous New Year my friend. Pxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul glad you enjoyed my new layouts. I'll check out the website. Have a great New Year too.

      Delete
  2. Hi great lay outs. Not something I have tried. I really like the colour combo and the leaves in the second layout. It will be a great book when finished. Are you tracing your family back as far as you can? Doing workshops is a great way to learn new things. I'm lucky that my local craft store is just down the road from me and they do lots of classes. There are some really good online workshops out there as well. I have done a few by Andy skinner. He is more acrylic paint techniques and mixed media but everything on the workshop he does a PDF for you to download. There is an artist called finnabair I think that's how she spells it. If not drop me a line and ill find the details. She does a lot of journal pages with a photo. I think she does online workshops as well. Have a great 2013. Mark

    ReplyDelete